Breakfast Ideas: Fruit Granola Parfait

One of my favorite discoveries has easily been Culina's bourbon vanilla yogurt paired with fruit and granola.  I've never been much of a breakfast fan and, for years, just escaped the "most important meal of the day" with some coffee.  But since a concussion derailed me in 2020, I've tried to make better choices and figuring out something for breakfast has been part of that.  Vegan yogurts have been iffy for me over the years as I've experimented, but Culina has the right texture and feel- but more importantly the right taste!  They recently switched their packaging from glass bottles (which I loved) to a paper-based option (which I don't love as much), but their coconut-derived, cultured yogurt is by far my favorite vegan yogurt on the market.  One giant negative, however, is protein.  I used to love plain Greek yogurt or a Greek yogurt smoothie because it was such a protein-on-the-go winner.  Using a substitute like coconut yogurt doesn't pack that punch.  It also ups the fat content.  That being said, as a perimenopausal woman, I need positive sources of fat for adequate nutrition, so even when I wasn't fully plant-powered, I still chose full fat, 5%+ yogurt sources.  

So, grab your favorite yogurt and toss it with your choice of fruit and granola to make a tasty treat you can enjoy for breakfast or really anytime!

Ingredients:
Today's delicious parfait!
  • 5 ounces Culina Bourbon Vanilla yogurt
  • 12 ounces mixed berries (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries)
  • 2 tbsp granola (I love Michele's Granola, but if you can't find them, Good & Gather from Target is good as well) 

Nutritional Information:
  • Calories: 410
  • Fat: 25g
  • Carbs: 48g
  • Protein: 13g